See that Dave? That Dave’s name is Eas. Eas means a lot to me, and I was supposed to see them on Christmas but I lost my job and was in the hospital. I currently am still looking for a job, but Eas invited me to go to ACEN with them.
A ticket to ACEN is $60.
A train ticket to Chicago and…
Here’s my own take on how to cosplay Homestuck trolls.
I’m going to be covering:
-Horns [you are here]
-Teeth and Nails
-Shirts, Shoes and Pants
Excluding The Condesce, The Summoner and GHB, here’s a list of materials you will need:
-Dark orange, orange, and yellow acrylic paint
-Mod Podge Hard Coat
-A hard object to shape and smooth the foil
[hard metal scissors, a mallet [I use a thick metal chisel.]
[I use a sanding block and nail files and recommend them over paper.]
-A small cup of water to keep the clay wet.
- Tear off multiple pieces of foil in different sizes in order to mare it easier to add on to the horn once you’ve built it up enough. use your hands to squeeze mold and shape the foil lumps into desired shape, depending on which horns you’re making.
TIP- for Equius Vriska and Kanaya horns, make the spikes/cone as a separate piece, then connect them with wire.
- Once you have the basic shape of your horn made, take your hard object and tap the horns with it to smooth out any kinks and or to assist in making shaping easier.
Now you have the shape of you horns complete.
- Next, cover them with paper clay, using water to keep the clay easy to work with. you may want to use a clay shaping tool to assist, but its not necessary. allow your horns to dry completely.
- Now, use your sand paper to sand away at any imperfections.
TIP- buy a pack of multiple sized nail files. use the bigger ones on bigger areas, and smaller one at points or at curves.
Now that your horns are smooth, you are ready to paint.
- I recommend painting with a gradient pattern versus blocking the three colors. once it’s dry, I recommend letting it set over night, but if you’re in a hurry, just so long as it’s dry to the touch, you can now cover your horns with the Mod Podge. Do so neatly with a rough, glue safe paint brush.
Here’s a picture of my Kanaya horns for reference.
we’re mostly found in the Kansas City area. but we have people in St. Louis, Kansas, and everywhere in between.
ONE OF MY AMAZING FRIENDS HAS RECENTLY LOST THEIR JOB. THEY ARE THE ONLY SOURCE OF INCOME IN THEIR HOUSEHOLD, AND THEIR MOTHER IS SICK.
PLEASE CHECK OUT THAT LINK ABOVE FOR MORE DETAILS.
AND PLEASE KNOW THIS:
IF YOU CHOOSE TO DONATE 10 DOLLARS OR MORE, I WILL MAKE YOU HOMESTUCK COSPLAY HORNS.
HOWEVER, NO MEGIDO, NITRAM OR MAKARA HORNS, OR THE CONDESCE.
THANK YOU TO ANYONE WHO DONATES, YOU ARE PRECIOUS.
A Homestuck AU where this is a thing.
Actually, that’d be great! The KCstuck page sorta’ ended up merging with the MOstuck, but there’re still people from Springfield and other further cities that need to have a place to hang with the homies (AH HA A HOMESTUCK PUN AH HA). Saint Louis is pretty uppity about merging, though.
Regardless, feel free to make a SaintJoestuck group! If you’d like, post about it on the Missouristuck page to spread word. (^u^)
yeah boiiii weve been hurr for a while man.
queasyKinesis as God Tier Karkat Vantas
Photo Credit: Ronbergstudio
And of course, the ever charismatic Tom as Nektan. I’m sure you all remember this guy.